Special thanks to Joe E. for conducting the interviews and the patients below for participating.
There is no typical pheo or para story, but we asked three patients the same seven questions about symptoms and diagnosis.
- How were you diagnosed?
- How did your doctor explain what you had?
- What were your initial feelings and thoughts when you were told, and after you had a bit of time to process it?
- How did your family members and friends feel when you explained your diagnosis?
- What are your thoughts on the info you found online about pheo para topics?
- What advice would you give for someone who has just been diagnosed about how to handle the mental aspect of diagnosis?
- How have you been since your diagnosis?
Check out their answers here.